Let’s Talk Womxn Chicago is the founding group of this national movement. Started in July 2020 with ten women, Chicago is now 40 women business owners strong. Our forum is open and we actively reach out to all women entrepreneurs we can find to join us. With the incredible help of the Illinois Restaurant Association and Choose Chicago, Chicago was the first to conceive of and launch several collaborative women-led initiatives. We actively and intentionally disseminated these through all our Let’s Talk cities. This spirit of cross-pollination is very strong among all our cities. Our relationships are stronger than even as we help each other with staffing, resources, counsel, and move to joint sourcing with vendors. We have published opinion pieces jointly, and met with the governor of Illinois and the City Council of Chicago, because of our combined strength. We are beyond overwhelmed by the support given to us by women’s groups, our guests, media and all of Chicago. Let’s Talk Womxn Chicago looks forward to continuing to grow together.
Chicago collaborative initiatives include:
- Women’s Restaurant Week, adopted by Let’s Talk DC, Atlanta, and LA RE:Her
- Multi-Restaurant Tasting Menus, adopted by DC, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, SF Bay Area, Boston, Lexington & Louisville
- Gift baskets, adopted by DC, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Lexington & Louisville
Chicago is delighted to embark on its next round of exciting initiatives including:
- Let’s Talk Womxn Supper Club & Conversation, a monthly in person dinner with five of us
- Let’s Talk Womxn Picnic in White, with the City of Chicago on July 11th in iconic Millennium Park for up to 5000
- Let’s Talk Womxn Social Summer, to cross-promote each other
Let’s Talk Women
Picnic in White
A picnic hosted by the City of Chicago and Let’s Talk Womxn on the lawn of the iconic Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park. Gourmet picnic boxes and cocktails, women performers, a power-women soundtrack, interviews with women restaurateurs and speakers. Guests dressed in white in solidarity with inclusive and diverse women power. With fare by Vermilion, Saigon Sisters, Paramount Group/Eden, Demera, Frontera, Bistronomic, The Dandy Crown, Antique Taco, Savory Crust, TeaGeschwendner, No Bones Beach Club, La Luna, Teertsemasesottehg, Justice of the Pies, and Pretty Cool Ice Cream. Championed by United Airlines, Sysco, Uber Eats the Chicago DCASE.
Chicago Womxn Members
Clodagh & Amy Lawless
Diana Boldin Davila
Teerts Emases Ottehg