LET’S TALK IS A COLLABORATION OF WOMEN RESTAURATEURS TO BUILD COMBINED ECONOMIC POWER. IT IS NOT AN ORGANIZATION, IT IS NOT AN ENTITY, IT IS AN ACTION-LED MOVEMENT BY WOMEN BUSINESS OWNERS AS PEERS.
Let’s Talk Change
Let’s Talk Change
Let’s Talk Change Women’s Summit 3/1. Kick off Women’s History Month with an unconventional, virtual, power packed two hours for women entrepreneurs and executives. A deliberate antithesis to the many vanilla forums that abound. To revolutionize change within ourselves and around us. To amplify our ability to ask, be seen, and be heard. The four components are:
- Transformational Women Speakers. Stay tuned…
- McKinsey & Co. Remarkable Women Change Module. Presented by TED speakers, author, founders & leaders of this program Joanna Barsh and Natacha Catalino.
- Men on Change. Jose Andres (Founder/CEO ThinkFoodGroup, Humanitarian World Central Kitchen), Danny Meyer (Founder/CEO Union Square Hospitality Group, Founder Shake Shack), Andrew Zimmern (Host Bizarre Foods, What’s Eating America, Founder Passport Hospitality & Intuitive Content)
- Meet the Change Makers. Sarah Alter (President NextUp, formerly Network of Executive Women), Therese Gearhart (President, Women’s Foodservice Forum), Deborah Mintcheff (President, Les Dames d’Escoffier International), Joanna James (Founder, MAPP), and Rohini Dey, Ph.D. (Founder, Let’s Talk Womxn).
Making Our Industry Better
A no holds barred candid lens into our industry with panelists Andrew Zimmern, Kimberly Brock Brown, Rohini Dey, moderated by Adrienne Trimble. Gourmet Dinner by Let’s Talk Womxn Chicago Diana Davila, Julia Shell, Maya-Camille Broussard, Sarah Stegner and Rohini Dey. Hosted by Let’s Talk Womxn. With American Culinary Foundation. Presented by Sysco. Tickets
Let’s Talk & Celebrate Soirée – Miami
The MIAMI chapter of Let’s Talk Womxn is coming together to host the Let’s Talk & Celebrate Soirée at the new 545 Wyn Rooftop on Wednesday, March 30. Over 25 women participants will collaborate on unique menu items for one special evening. Guests will sample it all while enjoying live music by Yoli Mayor and…
AZ Women in Food Celebration of Women’s History Month
AZ Women in Food is Celebrating Women’s History Month at “The Market by Jennifer’s” with a meet & greet featuring charcuterie and wine starting at 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. Visit with the AZ Women in Food team before picking up your lovingly curated bag of homemade sweet and savory items and heading home to…
A Collaborative Tastemaker’s Feast
Let’s Talk Womxn Greater NY is holding a Let’s Talk & Celebrate feasts for Women’s History Month on March 28th 6:30-9pm at La Palapa. This in person celebratory collaborative evening includes tastings and cocktails by eleven women restaurateurs and entrepreneurs for guests with a panel of our Let’s Talk Womxn. Meet Barbara Sibley (cohost), Naama…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – Philadelphia
A celebration of female entrepreneurship, featuring a mix of panels and demos, at the intersection of food, business, and lifestyle – plus a can’t-miss cocktail reception in the Fitler Club Ballroom. 12:30pm Registration Opens 1-2:30pm “Being on Camera, Public Speaking, Public Relations” with Jennifer Carroll, Alicia Vitarelli, Kae Lani Palmisano. 3-4pm “Preserving Local Abundance: Food…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – Kentucky
A Celebration of International Women’s Day Tuesday, March 8, 2022 5:00pm- 9:00pm Honeywood Restaurant, Lexington KY Reservations can be made on line at www.honeywoodrestaurant.com Or by calling 859-469-824 Eighteen Kentucky Women Owned Food Businesses Coming together under one roof for a wonderful evening of delicious small plates, cocktails and live music Participants: Renee Saunier Brewer-…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – Boston
Let’s Talk & Celebrate! Let’s Talk Womxn of of Boston invite you to a surprise takeout multi-restaurant tasting dinner for pick-up and delivery from four zones across Massachusetts on March 8th. Each menu includes surprise courses by 16 of the best local women chefs & restaurateurs. This unparalleled dining experience is paired with a zoom…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – Houston
Come celebrate International Women’s Day! Gourmet tasting stations, power women cocktails and DJ make this the ultimate Houston gourmet celebratory bash! Tickets $100 per guest (includes complimentary valet) Participants: Sharon Haynes – Tacos A Go Go Tracy Vaught – Backstreet Cafe, Hugo’s, Caracol, Xochi & URBE Alli Jarrett – Harold’s Claire Smith – Alice Blue…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – MSP
What better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than to dine together and celebrate women? Join us March 8th to celebrate Minneapolis-St Paul restaurants and its women, dine together, and meet all our local Let’s Talk Womxn restaurateurs and entrepreneurs.
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – Atlanta
Join us on Monday March 7 at Epicurean Atlanta for Let’s Talk & Celebrate! Our annual celebration of International Womxn’s Day. Enjoy food, beverage & music from some of Atlanta’s Female Tastemakers, including a panel with Let’s Talk Womxn, and live performances from the Ruby Velle Acoustic Soul Duo. Tuesday March 8 order a Takeout…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate for International Women’s Day
Join us for a celebration on International Women’s Day by 16 members of Let’s Talk Womxn of Cincinnati in Food and Beverage. This annual event will be held at 21C Museum Hotel in Downtown Cincinnati from 6-9 pm and will include 13 food tasting stations (vegetarian options available at all stations based on chosen package),…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – Milwaukee
20 women chefs and restauranteurs coming together to celebrate each other and the community. A large grazing table, with an array of cuisine, will be the centerpiece of the event, signifying coming together while celebrating Milwaukee’s beauty and diversity. Music by Roxie Beane & DJ LoLo, and more special guests. Ambiance & plants by Maranta…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate 12 March Collaborative Feasts for IWD & WHM
Let’s Talk Womxn is holding Let’s Talk & Celebrate feasts for International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month across 12 cities: Chicago (3/8), Boston (3/8), Cincinnati (3/8), Kentucky/Lexington (3/8), Minneapolis (3/8), Houston (3/8), Milwaukee (3/8), Atlanta (3/7), Philadelphia (3/28), Greater NY (3/28), Miami (3/30), Phoenix (3/29). These are in person collaborative feasts (dinners, cocktails, tasting…
Let’s Talk & Celebrate – Chicago
Dual festivities of IWD and Chicago Restaurant Week. 25 gourmet tasting stations, power women cocktails, panel, acclaimed DJ Megan Taylor, and dancing make this the ultimate gourmet celebratory bash! Tickets $150 per guest.
Arizona Women in Food – Valentine’s Weekend Package
Order your Valentine’s Weekend Package from AZ Women in Food! Twelve of our women led businesses are building a pack of tasty bites and desserts for you and your Valentine. There are 5 pick up points: 3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday- So choose the most convenient for you!
Five Restaurant Feast – Dinner & Conversation
Join us Friday, December 3rd at Vermilion. $100 per person for Dine-In & Conversation, 6-9pm $100 for Takeout for 2, 5-6pm
Arizona Women in Food Chef Collab Dinner Series
November’s Collaborative dinner will be hosted at The Farish House at 816 N 3rd St. in downtown Phoenix on Tuesday, November 9th at 6:30pm. Enjoy a six course dinner with optional wine and sake pairings, two small plate dishes from three AZ Women in Food members: Nonna, The Cellar and The Farish House.
Five Restaurant Feast – Dinner & Conversation
Join us Friday, November 5th at Vermilion. $100 per person for Dine-In & Conversation, 6-9pm $100 for Takeout for 2, 5-6pm
Five Restaurant Feast – Dinner & Conversation
Join us Friday, October 8th at 6:00 at Vermilion. $100 per person for Dine-in or $100 for 2 for Take-out.
Let’s Talk Womxn Philadelphia Picnic & Happy Hours
Let’s Talk Womxn PHL kicked off the summer season with an abundant picnic spread for pick-up on July 11th. It also kicks off a series of collaborative Sisterly Love Happy Hours every other Wednesday at women-owned bars throughout the city starting 7/14 including: Triple Bottom Brewing (Spring Garden), Sor Ynez (Kensington) , a.bar (Rittenhouse), and…
- Let’s Talk Womxn launched in the thick of the pandemic in 2020 for women restaurateurs to learn from & support each other.
- It has explosively evolved to much more – to help us women business owners build bargaining power, build visibility, combine voice, and undertake economic collaborations.
- It is a magical model of “competitors as collaborators.” We are happy to share our model and “B cube credo” to inspire other sectors and all women.
- It has grown to include 550+ women entrepreneurs in 13 cities across food and drink. We also launched DC Women in Food & LA RE:Her (NewsNation, LA Times). Reach out for your city.
- Our movement is completely out-of-hide and voluntary. With no overhead or staffing, all support and revenue flows directly to our women entrepreneurs.
- Each Let's Talk city is co-hosted, nourished and led by 2-4 leading women restaurateurs. Our learnings are cross-pollinated by cohosts across cities.
- The X factor in Women is our algebraic explicit openness to women owners of all sizes, stripes, colors, formats, orientation, identities, startups or celebrities. We are all peers.
- Within six months of inception, we were included in NRN Power List Top 50 for inclusive impactful leadership alongside industry giants.
- Collaborative city initiatives have included women’s restaurant weeks, panels, corporate and nonprofit forums, multi-restaurant tasting menus and galas, gift baskets, food fairs, happy hours, a picnic with the City, supper clubs. National events have been held for IWD and the Women's Right Convention. Much more is always afoot.
- Let’s Talk Women have applied for grants collectively, met with a governor, met city councils for regulation, written OpEds, negotiate with and refer vendors, and participated on panels to share our collaborative uplifting model.
- Women entrepreneurs in culinary are tired of a deluge of manuals, guidelines, conferences & webinars. Or being on the fringe of involvement, dictated by economic power (read PR heft) and fawning-over-the-beloved-few herd mentality. Let's Talk redresses this. We invite industry powers and boards to do the same.
- Let’s Talk deliberately has no lofty mission statement, statement of values or five-year plan. The universe abounds with these well-meaning, murky, unaccountable articulations.
- The goal of Let's Talk is to build the camaraderie, visibility, scale, and economic power of our women entrepreneurs. Together.
- Let’s Talk Womxn is founded and led by Rohini Dey, Ph.D. Vermilion restaurateur in Chicago. Also formerly McKinsey & Co., former World Bank, and former trustee/founder/chair of the James Beard Foundation Women's Leadership Program for a decade.
Talk to us on Instagram
Donate to Let's Talk Womxn to directly support women restaurateurs and entrepreneurs.
Stay in Touch
Subscribe and get the latest news from Let's Talk Womxn.
JOIN US. PARTNER WITH US. SHARE US.
Reach out to Let's Talk Womxn. If you are a woman business owner in food and drink in a city we're in and would like to join us. Our forum is open to all and we'd love to have you.
To corporation, associations, and media, we're open to all help.
- share our collaborative Let's Talk Womxn model, a force beyond DE&I initiatives
- leverage our expertise on all things restaurants, food, drink and entrepreneurship as 550+ frontline owner operators
- tap our pulse as consumers and women with a combined vast following
- partner with us to unconventionally and directly foster change and help women scale